Favourite Medical School Resources
- Google: Your best friend on the Internet.
- Anki: Anki is an app created by Damien Elmes that helps you in learning and memorising facts. Read my guide on Anki here.
- AnKing Deck: The Gold Standard pre-made deck for pre-clinicals/Step 1 prep.
- Boards and Beyond: Boards and Beyond is a video series where Dr. Jason Ryan teaches Pathology and Physiology. The subscription also includes quizzes and slides.
- Pathoma: Pathoma is a video series where Dr Hussain Sattar teaches Pathology. The subscription also includes a companion book.
- SketchyMedical: SketchyMedical is a video series that utilises the power of visual learning to teach Microbiology, Pharmacology and Pathophysiology. Also has a video series for Clinical Students (Step 2)
- First Aid: First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 is an annual book containing high yield materials for Step 1. Recommended even if you are not taking Step.
- USMLE Rx: USMLE Rx is a question bank that is created by the authors of First Aid.
- UWorld: UWorld is a question bank that contains +2000 Multiple Choice Questions. Considered as one of the best question banks.
- BRS Review Series: A book series of multiple subjects with short notes and end of chapter questions that tests your understanding of the topic.
- Wikipedia: You’d be surprised to know how many doctors actually use Wikipedia.
- Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine
- OSCE Cases with Mark Schemes
- Focused History Taking for OSCEs
- Geeky Medics
- Talley O Connor’s Clinical Medicine
- AnKing Step 2 Anki Deck
Anatomy & Histology
Appendix: A series of videos on how to survive medical school.
r/medicalschoolanki: A community where they share medical school materials for Anki.